It was pretty full on for everybody, and unfortunately not enough time for photographic records on this occasion.
However this pressure is as nothing to a sole beekeeper who is confronted with this at the height of the swarming season. So well done to everyone.
A brief outline of hive manipulations:
Hive 4 (nucleus) as part of artificial swarm and reduction of congestion in Hive 10, not inspected on this occasion.
Hive 5 which had previously swarmed no has a new queen and larvae and eggs were seen. Good progress
Hive 6 is as of today in use as an artificial swarm from Hive 9
Hive 7 is an artificial swarm from Hive 10 and is building up so new brood frames were added
Hive 8 the bailey change is now complete and it is reduced to one brood box
Hive 9 the queen was seen, but also some sealed queen cells, so an artificial swarm (Hive 6)
Hive 10 continues to be a very strong colony.
In a short space of time we have moved from 4 colonies to 7. The supers are filling up fast.
I have built another two supers with foundation this afternoon,which will go on tomorrow morning.
it is likely that we will move the bees to the new apiary by the time of the next schedule session. Such a move is challenging, as the move is not just about the bees, it is also about the equipment, checking, cleaning and relocating. This coincides with the new queen deliveries and for some harvesting supers.
Ken Gallagher - Apiary Supervisor.